What is Sunderland BME Network (SBMEN)?
- A constitution was drawn up in May 2005 to create SBMEN
- SBMEN became a limited company on 20th February 2009
- SBMEN became a registered charity on 31st July 2009
- It is a network of 16 black and minority ethnic voluntary and community organisations based in Sunderland
- There are 12 Associate members from the statutory, private and voluntary sectors
- It was set up to strengthen BME groups for the benefit of everyone in the city of Sunderland
What does Sunderland BME Network offer?
Sunderland BME Network offers help with –
- Business planning
- Project management
- Supporting management committees
- Sunderland BME Network
- Is active in the Sunderland Partnership
- Ensures that BME community concerns and issues are recognised by the Partnership
- Identifies funding opportunities for the BME voluntary and community sector in Sunderland
- Promotes partnership working between, within and across communities in the city
What can you do?